METABOLIC SYNDROME. DEFINITION.
Metabolic syndrome is a complex of metabolic, hormonal and clinical abnormalities arising from obesity and insulin resistance. This special condition of patient is not considered to be a nosological entity but rather a risk factor resulting in the development of such dangerous diseases as diabetes II type, severe obesity, hypertension, ischemic heart disease, atherosclerotic vascular disease, gout, polycystic ovarian syndrome, erectile dysfunction, liver steatosis.
METABOLIC SYNDROME. CRITERIA
- OBESITY, WAIST CIRCUMFERENCE >94 СМ IN MEN AND > 84 СМ IN WOMEN,
- TRIGLYCERIDE LEVEL > 150 MG/DL
- HDL LEVEL < 40 MG/DL
- AP > 130/85
- FASTING GLUCOSE LEVEL > 100 mg/dl
- Obesity, most commonly associated with insulin resistance
- High insulin level
- High LDL and triglyceride level
- Serum protein, TNF, C-reactive protein level